The LA County Health Department strongly recommends but does not require masking inside public transportation settings, including the airport and airport shuttles.
The Centers for Disease Control still recommends people wear masks when using public transportation.
The health and safety of our travelers, personnel and all Hollywood Burbank Airport users is our top priority. Hollywood Burbank Airport is operating normally, and we are working closely with City of Burbank Emergency Management Division and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health for coordination.
Hollywood Burbank Airport has stepped up its efforts to control the spread of COVID-19:
- Increased the number of free-standing hand sanitizer dispensers in visible locations throughout the Airport
- Installed additional wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers outside of all restrooms and in key locations
- Posting of hygiene signs at all restrooms on how to properly wash hands
- Janitorial staff is utilizing a new cleaning agent that is more effective and safer at sanitizing all surfaces
- We are continuing to use electrostatic backpack sprayer to conduct nightly decontamination of the terminal. The sprayer allows for an even coating on all surfaces for thorough decontamination with the use of an EPA approved solution proven to kill viruses
- Janitorial staff is prioritizing wiping down surfaces and disinfecting public areas more frequently, including kiosks
- Janitorial vacuum equipment installed with HEPA filters
- Rental car companies utilizing approved disinfectant on all customer and employee touchpoints, such as doors, door handles, etc.
- Rental car companies have increased interior cleaning of their vehicles with an emphasis on critical touchpoints
- Signage at the entrance of the terminals requesting anyone experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, fever, or cough to not enter the terminals per the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s orders
- FLIGHTS – For information on your flight, cancellations or rerouting, please contact the airline directly.
- A free, onsite vaccination clinic is now available to travelers and the airport community
- Do I have to show proof of vaccination to fly into BUR?
- At this time, proof of vaccination is not required for travel through BUR. However, travelers should review recommendations from Los Angeles County and State of California in the latest travel advisory.
- Do I have to quarantine when I fly into BUR?
- Currently, there are no quarantine requirements upon arrival at BUR. However, travelers should review recommendations from Los Angeles County and State of California in the latest travel advisory.
- Are flights canceled?
- Flight cancellations are determined by airlines. Please check with your airline frequently to getthe most up-to-date flight status.
- Are face coverings required on airport premises?
- The LA County Health Department strongly recommends but does not require masking inside public transportation settings, including the airport and airport shuttles. The Centers for Disease Control still recommends people wear masks when using public transportation.
- How can I practice safe travel and stay healthy?
- Some safe travel tips include; wash your hands for 20-seconds, use hand sanitizer when hand-washing is unavailable, practice social distancing, practice safe greetings, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, and practice respiratory hygiene.
- To find more information on ways to stay safe and healthy, click the links under the “Resources” section below.
- What are the best travel practices if I am fully vaccinated?
- All vaccinated travelers should continue to abide by the recommended safety guidelines including, but not limited to, social distancing, wearing a face covering, and washing your hands for at least 20 seconds. For additional information on safe practices for fully vaccinated people click here.
- Is Covid-19 testing available onsite at the airport?
- Currently, Covid-19 testing is not conducted on the premises.
- Are the airport shuttles still operating?
- Shuttle Service to Lot A and Lot C is available.
- Which parking lots are open?
- All Airport parking is now open.
- For Lots C, E and the short-term parking structure the online parking reservation system is not accessible until further notice.
- Valet parking, along with online pre-booking for valet parking and Lot G, is available. More info and details about safety protocol here.
- Are the restaurants and stores still open in the terminals?
- All stores are open.
- Food Service and Grab ‘n’ Go are available, however, open locations and times vary on a day-to-day basis, dependent on traveler count and flight service.
- Is curbside pickup and drop-off still permitted?
- Yes, curbside pickup and drop-offs are still permitted.
- Los Angeles Department of Public Health
- CDC – Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- City of Burbank
- Guidance for Social Distancing
- Covid-19 FAQ Sheet
The information on this page was last updated on June 7, 2023. For additional questions, please send us an email (email@example.com), or Tweet us @fly_BUR and use #AskBUR.